- Servings: 12 squares
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- 1 cup sugar
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- ¼ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon red food coloring
- 1 teaspoon instant espresso powder
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract 1/8 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon white vinegar 2 large eggs
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 3 tablespoons sugar 1 large egg yolk
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
1. For the bars: Preheat the oven to 350ºF. Line an 8 8-inch baking dish with parchment paper. Lightly coat the parchment paper with cooking spray and set aside.
2. In a large bowl, stir the sugar, melted butter, cocoa powder, food coloring, espresso powder, vanilla, and salt until completely combined. Stir in the vinegar.
3. In a small bowl, whisk the eggs together. Pour the eggs into the large bowl and mix to combine. Slowly add the flour, stirring after each addition until just combined. Pour the batter into the baking dish and set aside.
4. For the cheesecake filling: Using a hand mixer or a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat the cream cheese, sugar, egg yolk, and vanilla until well combined. Spread the cream cheese mixture in an even layer over the brownie batter. Using a knife, swirl the cream cheese together with the brownie batter.
5. Bake the brownies for 30 minutes. Remove them from the oven and let cool completely before lifting the parchment out of the pan. Slice into squares and serve.