- Servings: 4-6
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 celery stalks, diced
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt, plus more to taste
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour 6 yellow potatoes, diced 4 cups chicken broth
- 1½ cups half-and-half
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh thyme
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, plus more to taste
- 2 pounds shredded or chopped leftover turkey meat
1. In a large Dutch oven, melt the butter over medium-high heat. Add the onion and celery and season with the salt. Cook, stirring, for about 2 minutes, then stir in the ﬂour and cook for 1 minute.
2. Add the potatoes, broth, half-and-half, thyme, and pepper. Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat to medium and cover. Simmer for about 15 minutes. Stir in the turkey and simmer for 5 minutes more. Taste and season with salt and pepper.
3. Ladle into bowls and serve.