- Servings: 4-6
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large butternut squash, peeled, seeded, and cut into
- ½-inch cubes 1 onion, diced
- 1 carrot, peeled and chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup white wine
- 1 cup low-sodium vegetable broth, plus extra as needed
- ½ cup half-and-half, plus extra as needed
- Fresh sage, for garnish (optional)
1. Heat the oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add the squash, onion, carrot, and garlic. Season with salt and sauté until lightly browned and the squash is cooked through, 8 to 10 minutes. Add the wine and simmer until the liquid is reduced by half. Add the broth and simmer for 5 minutes.
2. Remove from the heat and add the half-and-half. Using an immersion blender, purée the soup carefully. Add more half-and-half or vegetable broth if you desire a thinner soup. Season with salt and pepper to taste and serve, garnished with fresh sage, if desired.