- Servings: 6
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 1 hour
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1 cup plus 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- ½ cup panko bread crumbs 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 (24-ounce) jar marinara sauce
- 1½ cups shredded Italian cheese blend
- Fresh parsley for garnish (optional)
1. Preheat the oven to 350ºF and spray a foil-lined baking sheet with cooking spray. Lightly coat a 9 x 13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
2. Mix together the ground turkey, 3 tablespoons of the Parmesan, the panko, egg, Italian seasoning, garlic, salt, and pepper until combined. Roll or scoop into 1½-inch balls.
3. Place the meatballs on the baking sheet and bake for 25 to 30 minutes until browned.
4. OPTIONAL: Pour half of the marinara sauce into the baking dish. Top the sauce with the meatballs, pour the remaining sauce on top, and cover with the remaining Parmesan and the Italian cheese blend. Cover with foil and bake for 30 minutes. Remove the foil and bake an additional 5 minutes until the cheese is browned and bubbling. Serve, garnished with fresh parsley if desired.