- Servings: 16
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 to 15 minutes
- 8 jalapeño peppers
- 8 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- ½ cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 scallion, finely minced 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon salt 16 slices bacon
1. Preheat the grill to high heat (about 550°F).
2. Cut the jalapeños in half lengthwise. Remove the seeds and membranes. In a small bowl, combine the cream cheese, cheddar, scallion, garlic powder, cumin, and salt. Evenly spoon the mixture into the jalapeño halves. Wrap each jalapeño half with a bacon slice, making sure the cheese is completely encased. Secure with toothpicks.
Place the jalapeños on the grill, cut side down, and cook just until the bacon begins to crisp, about 5 minutes. Gently loosen the bacon from the grill grate, if stuck, and ﬂip the jalapeños. Reduce the heat to medium-low (or move away from direct heat if using a charcoal grill) and cook for 10 to 12 minutes, or until the bacon is cooked and the cheese is melted. Serve immediately.