A large percentage of our summers are spent in different people’s backyards from weekend barbecues to graduation parties to wedding showers and more. The one thing that every backyard bash needs is the perfect deli salad to accompany any and all main dishes. This creamy, flavorful potato salad certainly fits the bill!
- Serves: 8
- Cook Time: 15–20 minutes
- Chill Time: 4 hours
- 2 pounds potatoes, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 cup Miracle Whip or mayonnaise
- ½ cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon yellow mustard
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup chopped celery
- ¼ cup chopped yellow onion
- ¼ cup chopped scallions
- 4 large hard-boiled eggs, chopped
- Bring a large stockpot of water to a boil. Add the potato chunks and cook for 15 to 20 minutes, until tender. Drain and reserve.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, sour cream, vinegar, mustard, salt, and pepper.
- Add the potatoes, celery, yellow onion, and scallions and toss. Add the eggs and toss again.
- Cover and chill for 4 hours or longer. Serve.