- Servings: 4
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- 1 bunch asparagus, trimmed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil Salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- ½ cup vegetable broth Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 head cauliflower, chopped
- Salt and pepper
- 1 (16-ounce) package regular, whole-wheat, or gluten-free penne pasta
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1. For the asparagus: Preheat the oven to 450°F and line a large rimmed baking sheet with a silicone mat or parchment paper.
2. Place the asparagus on the baking sheet and toss with the olive oil, salt, and pepper. Roast the asparagus, stirring halfway through, for 15 minutes or until it is crisp-tender and beginning to lightly brown. Remove from the oven and set aside.
3. For the alfredo sauce: Heat the olive oil in a large sauté pan over medium heat. Add the garlic and sauté for 30 seconds.
4. Slowly whisk in the almond milk, vegetable broth, and lemon juice and bring the mixture to a simmer. Once simmering, add the chopped cauliﬂower and season with salt and pepper.
5. Simmer the cauliﬂower for 7 to 10 minutes or until the cauliﬂower is soft.
6. Remove from the heat and carefully pour the mixture into a high-powered blender.
7. Blend on high until smooth, about 3 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
8. For the pasta: Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add the penne pasta and cook until al dente. Drain and return to the pot.
9. Add the roasted asparagus and the sauce.
10. Season with salt and pepper again if necessary, top with the Parmesan cheese, and serve immediately.