- Servings: 4-6
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
Pumpkin Goddess Dressing
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
- ½ cup sour cream
- 1/3 cup canned pumpkin
- 2 tablespoons champagne vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 acorn squash
- 2 tablespoons olive oil 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 (5–6-ounce) package baby kale without stems
- 10 to 12 Brussels sprouts, halved and blanched (see note)
- 1 Granny Smith apple, cored and cut into matchsticks
- ½ cup pecans
- ¼ cup dried cranberries
1. For the pumpkin goddess dressing: Process all the ingredients in a blender until well combined. Refrigerate until ready to use.
2. For the salad: Preheat the oven to 400°F. Coat a baking sheet with cooking spray and set aside.
3. Slice the squash lengthwise, remove the seeds, and slice horizontally into ½-inch thick rounds. Place the sliced squash on the baking sheet. Drizzle with oil, sprinkle with salt, and toss the squash to coat. Then arrange in a single layer.
4. Bake the squash for about 20 minutes (or until tender and caramelized), flipping halfway through baking.
5. Once the squash has cooled, cut it into bite-size pieces and transfer to a large salad bowl. Add the kale, Brussels sprouts, apple, pecans, and cranberries. Drizzle the dressing over the top and toss gently to mix. Serve immediately.
To blanch the Brussels sprouts: Bring a small pot of water to a boil. Add the halved Brussels sprouts and cook for 5 minutes. Remove the sprouts and transfer to a bowl of ice water. Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in a medium skillet over medium-high heat. Drain the Brussels sprouts, add them to the skillet, and stir to coat with the oil. Cook for 3 minutes and season with salt and pepper.