Who doesn’t love a dessert that only needs five ingredients? These adorable hand-held cookie bites are ideal to leave out as a sort of appetizer dessert, ready for anyone to pick up and nibble on throughout the Easter festivities.
- Yield: 24 cookies
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 22–25 minutes
- 1 (14-ounce) bag sweetened shredded coconut
- ¾ cup plus 2 tablespoons sweetened condensed milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large egg whites, at room temperature
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Preheat the oven to 325°F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, combine the shredded coconut, condensed milk, and vanilla and mix well.
- In a small bowl using a hand mixer, beat the egg whites with the salt until they hold stiff peaks.
- Carefully fold the egg whites and salt into the coconut mixture.
- Using a cookie scoop, shape the dough into 1-inch balls and place on the prepared baking sheets about 1 inch apart.
- Bake for 22 to 25 minutes, until the tops are lightly browned and the bottoms are golden brown. Cool and serve.