Elevate your basic chicken sandwich with just a few simple steps to achieve that restaurant pizzazz. Baking these chicken breasts instead of grilling and buttering the buns are just two ways to make your quick dinner memorable for the whole family.
- Servings: 2
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 20
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 2 hamburger buns
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter, softened
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup mixed green lettuce 1 tomato, sliced
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Season the chicken breasts with salt, pepper, and Italian seasoning and place on the prepared baking sheet. Cook until the chicken is no longer pink inside, about 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, spread the cut sides of each bun with the butter. Place the buns on the oven rack buttered side up and toast them lightly.
- Top each bun with mayonnaise, lettuce, and tomato. Add the chicken breasts and serve.