Mix up Mexican night with this quick twist on a classic. The best part about this dish is that you most likely have many of these ingredients in your cupboard already, and even if you don’t, you won’t be searching under the couch cushions for coins to stock up.
- Yield: Serves 4
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1½ cups half-and-half
- 1 (15-ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (10¾-ounce) can condensed nacho cheese soup
- 1 (10-ounce) can Ro-Tel diced tomatoes and green chiles, undrained
- 1 tablespoon Old El Paso taco seasoning mix (from a 1-ounce package)
- ½ cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese, for serving
- Sour cream, for serving
- Diced avocado, for serving
- In a medium saucepan, brown the ground beef over medium-high heat, about 8 minutes. Drain the grease.
- Reduce the heat to medium. Stir in the half-and-half, black beans, nacho cheese soup, diced tomatoes and green chiles, and taco seasoning. Cook for 8 to 12 minutes, until heated through.
- Ladle into bowls and top with cheddar cheese, sour cream, and avocado. Serve.