- Servings: 2
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 15-20 minutes
- 1 (4-ounce) package ramen noodles, seasoning packet discarded
- 6 shiitake mushrooms, sliced
- 1 hot chile, thinly sliced
- 3 baby bok choy, sliced 6 green onions, sliced
- 2 tablespoons red miso paste
- 1–2 teaspoons grated fresh ginger
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- ¾ cup frozen corn kernels, thawed, for garnish
- ½ red bell pepper, finely chopped, for garnish
- 1 boneless, skinless chicken breast, cooked and sliced, for garnish (see Note)
- 2 hard-boiled eggs, halved lengthwise, for garnish
- 1 can bamboo shoots, for garnish
- Sesame oil, for serving Sesame seeds, for garnish
1. Bring a medium pot of water to a boil. Add the ramen and cook for 4 minutes, drain, and divide the noodles between large soup bowls.
2. In a large pot, bring 4 cups water to a simmer over medium heat. Add the mushrooms and hot chile.
3. Add the bok choy and green onions and cook just until they’re bright green, 2 to 4 minutes.
4. Take off the heat and stir in the miso paste, ginger, and soy sauce.
5. Pour the broth over the noodles in each bowl.
6. Garnish with the corn, bell pepper, bamboo shoots, chicken, and egg halves. Drizzle with sesame oil and sprinkle with some sesame seeds. Serve.
To cook the chicken, place chicken breasts on a baking sheet and bake at 350ºF for 30 minutes.