The best part about kielbasa is that you can serve it for just about any meal. This hash is topped with a fried egg for the perfect breakfast.
- Servings: 6
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 small or 2 large potatoes, peeled and diced
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 (14-ounce) package smoked kielbasa or turkey kielbasa, cut into ¼-inch rounds
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- ½ yellow, red, or orange bell pepper, diced
- 1 onion, diced
- 6 large eggs (optional)
- ½ teaspoon herbs de Provence
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Thyme sprigs, for garnish (optional)
1. In a large skillet, heat 2 tablespoons of the oil over medium-high heat. Add the potatoes and cook until golden and cooked through, about 10 minutes. Season with salt and pepper and set aside.
2. Meanwhile, in another skillet, heat the remaining tablespoon oil over medium heat. Brown the kielbasa for 5 minutes. Transfer the kielbasa to a large serving bowl. Add the bell peppers and onion to the empty skillet and cook until they are softened, about 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Add to the bowl with the kielbasa.
3. If you’re including fried eggs, return the skillet to the heat until the remaining fat is hot. Lower the heat to low and crack an egg over the skillet. Cook for one minute or until the egg white is no longer translucent. Transfer to a plate lined with paper towls. Repeat with each egg.
4. Add the cooked potatoes to the bowl. Season with the herbs de Provence and red pepper ﬂakes and mix together.
5. Serve, topping each serving with a fried egg and fresh thyme, if desired.