Take the flavors you love from Jalapeño Poppers and make a sauce to top pork chops for a completely different type of pork dish. The grilled pork adds the smoky flavor and the creamy sauce is spiced up with jalapeños. The result is a surprising twist on two favorites!
- Servings: 4
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- 4 bone-in pork chops
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 6 ounces low-fat cream cheese, softened
- ½ cup salsa verde
- ¼ cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 1 jalapeño, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup chopped cooked bacon (optional)
1. Preheat a grill to medium-high heat. Alternatively, preheat a grill pan over medium-high heat on the stovetop.
2. Sprinkle the pork chops with the garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Drizzle with the olive oil.
3. In a small bowl, combine the cream cheese, salsa verde, half the cheddar cheese, and half the chopped jalapeño. Set aside.
4. Once the grill is hot, grill the pork chops for 3 to 4 minutes per side or until just cooked through.
5. Divide the cheese mixture between the chops and spoon it on top.
6. Top with the remaining cheddar cheese, chopped jalapeños, and chopped bacon (if desired). Serve.