This easy version of a favorite take out menu staple includes fresh green beans for an added crunch and healthy addition. Ginger, garlic and honey come together to make a mouth-watering chicken that you’ll make again and again.
- Servings: 4
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- 5 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons reduced- sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons Chinese rice wine
- 1 egg white
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into
- 1-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons hoisin sauce 1 tablespoon rice vinegar 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon minced or grated fresh ginger
- 3 tablespoons canola oil 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 pound green beans, trimmed
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds
- Cooked white or brown rice, for serving
1. In a medium bowl, mix 4 tablespoons of the cornstarch, 1 tablespoon of the soy sauce, 1 tablespoon of the rice wine, and the egg white.
2. Add the chicken and stir to coat.
3. In a separate small bowl, combine the remaining 1 tablespoon each of the cornstarch, soy sauce, and rice wine with ¾ cup of water, the hoisin sauce, rice vinegar, honey, and ginger.
4. In a wok or large skillet, heat 2 tablespoons of the canola oil over high heat. Add the chicken and cook on one side until golden, about 2 minutes. Turn the chicken over and cook the other side for about 2 minutes, until golden. Transfer the chicken to a plate.
5. To the same pan, add the remaining oil along with the garlic. Cook for 15–20 seconds, until garlic is lightly browned.
6. Add the green beans and cook for 3–4 minutes until bright green.
7. Add the reserved sauce mixture, stir, and cook until the sauce has thickened, about 1 minute.
8. Return the chicken to the pan, stir, and cook for an additional 1–2 minutes, until coated.
9. Sprinkle the sesame seeds on top, transfer to a serving dish, and serve with rice.