- Servings: 4
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- 4 tablespoons (½ stick) unsalted butter
- ½ cup chopped green bell pepper
- ½ cup chopped onion
- ½ cup chopped cremini mushrooms
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- 1½ cups whole milk
- ½ cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken (see Note)
- ¼ cup chopped pickled cherry peppers
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Baguette, cut into four pieces, for serving
1. In a large skillet, melt the butter over medium-high heat. Add the bell pepper and onion and cook, stirring, for about 4 minutes. Add the mushrooms and cook for 2 to 3 minutes more.
2. Add the ﬂour and stir well. While stirring, add the milk and broth. Bring the mixture to a boil while stirring frequently, then reduce the heat to medium-low. Add the chicken, cherry peppers, garlic powder, salt, and black pepper and mix well. Cook, stirring, until the mixture has thickened, about 5 minutes.
3. Serve over baguette.
To cook the chicken, place 2 medium boneless, skinless chicken breasts on a baking sheet and bake at 350ºF for 30 minutes. Cut into cubes.