- Servings: 4
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- 2 large eggs
- 1 egg white
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1½ tablespoons cornstarch
- ¼ teaspoon garlic salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- ½ teaspoon grated fresh ginger (from 1⁄8 inch piece)
- ½ teaspoon sesame oil 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- ½ cup sliced cremini or shiitake mushrooms
- 4 green onions, sliced, for garnish
1. In a small bowl, whisk together the eggs and egg white. Set aside.
2. In another small bowl, combine ¾ cup of the broth with the cornstarch.
3. Pour the rest of the broth into a medium saucepan and add the garlic salt, pepper, ginger, sesame oil, and soy sauce. Bring to a boil.
4. Add the cornstarch mixture to the pan, stir, and cook for 2 minutes, until thickened. Add the mushrooms.
5. Bring the broth back to a full boil and stir in a clockwise direction.
6. Gently pour the egg mixture into the broth and stir in a clockwise direction for 30 seconds or until the eggs are cooked.
7. Ladle the soup into bowls, garnish with the green onions, and serve.