- Servings: 8-Jun
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
Pico de Gallo
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1/2 red onion, finely diced
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and finely chopped
- Juice of 1 lime
- 3 tablespoons sour cream
- 1/2 cup half-and-half
- Zest and juice of 1/2 lime
- 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
- 8Ð12 (4-inch) corn tortillas
- 1 avocado, pitted, peeled, and sliced
- 4 ounces queso fresco cheese, crumbled
- Lime wedges, for garnish
- Additional chopped cilantro, for garnish
- For the chicken: Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- In a large bowl, combine the chicken, salt, pepper, olive oil, cumin, chili powder, garlic powder, and onion powder. Toss to combine. Spread the chicken in an even layer on the baking sheet and bake for 30 minutes, until the chicken is cooked through.
- For the pico de gallo: Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, combine the cherry tomatoes, red onion, cilantro, jalapeno, and lime juice and place in the refrigerator until serving.
- For the crema: In a small bowl, combine the sour cream, half-and-half, lime zest, lime juice, and salt and whisk to combine. Refrigerate until serving.
- When the chicken is cooked, remove the baking sheet from the oven and allow the chicken to cool slightly. Shred the meat with two forks or chop into smaller pieces.
- Warm the corn tortillas by wrapping them in a damp towel and microwaving for 30Ð40 seconds.
- To serve, fill a warm tortilla with meat, pico de gallo, and avocado slices. Top the taco with crumbled queso fresco, cilantro, lime juice, and a drizzle of crema.