- Servings: 2-4
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups bread crumbs
- 3/4 cup finely grated Parmesan (about 2 ounces)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 4 (6-ounce) chicken cutlets, pounded 1/2″ thick
- 5 tablespoons olive oil, plus more for brushing
- 1 (24-ounce) jar marinara sauce
- 1 cup coarsely grated mozzarella
- Preheat the oven to 450° F.
- Beat the eggs in a large shallow bowl. In a separate bowl or plate, mix the bread crumbs and Parmesan with a fork. Add salt and pepper.
- Working with 1 cutlet at a time, dip in the egg, allowing the excess to drip back into the bowl. Dredge in the bread crumb mixture, shaking off any excess, then press to adhere. Transfer the chicken to a baking sheet.
- Brush with the oil and top with the marinara and mozzarella.
- Bake for 20 minutes. Serve.